Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Crib sheets and receiving blankets

Mom and I have been sewing like crazy lately!  We recently sewed our way through 9 fitted crib sheets and 2 flannel receiving blankets!!!  This baby boy is going to love them!



Each fitted crib sheet is made of 100% cotton fabric.  They are so soft and so colorful!  I'm a little jealous of these sheets... I would love some sheets like these for my own bed!  Here are some close-ups:

 Trains... I know Brian is going to love the trains!

Cute Christmas animals... which don't look too Christmas-y unless you look real close!


I fell in love with this yellow tropical fabric the moment I saw it!!  It reminds me of an old-man Hawaiian shirt from the 50's!



Everyone loves dots!


And everyone loves kitties!

 And a nice relaxing yellow after all those wild prints!


These fitted sheets are amazing!  And they work so well!
It feels so amazing to make a fitted sheet!!! 




We also made some flannel receiving blankets out of this super soft flannel monkey fabric!  I can't help but to smile when I look at it because they are so smiley and cute!  These blankets are also SUPER soft!



My to-do list is growing faster than the baby!  I still need to make a crib skirt and matching valance for the window, a diaper bag, some fun toys for the baby... the list goes on!