Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Echo-challenged

I think I'm "echo-challenged"... meaning that I can't do it!  Just like the first practice warp, I'm also dissatisfied with this one, too.

Here is the latest sample:


I really REALLY hate it.  I don't say it often about my weaving, but I hate it.

If you look at it from the side, you can kind of see what it was supposed to be... 



Looking back at the first practice samples, they were way better than this practice sample... and I didn't like those either.


I tried a darker weft color, the teal that is also part of the warp, and it was only a little bit better... but no where near pleasing enough to even finish the sample.



Again, viewed from the side, you can kind of see it.... but who looks at weaving from this specific of an angle?



I really love looking at this "Weaving with Echo and Iris" book, but it's just not happening for me.  I'm getting to a point where I'm not enjoying weaving right now so I might have to put these project ideas aside for awhile and play with this book later!  I MIGHT consider tightening up the sett.  Here are some examples of loose sett vs. tight sett.

Sett 20 epi


 Sett 40 epi 

 

Humph.

This little guy makes me so happy!  Look how tiny he looks in this walker!


Here is David singing an old classic!

video