Sunday, September 14, 2014

More samples

I should just weave a gamp instead of individual samples!  It probably wouldn't be a bad idea... and then I can try several combinations of colors at one time.

I have come to a conclusion... I don't like the light wefts as much as the dark wefts.  You can actually see the design much better on this sample in the picture than in real life.  In real life, it doesn't make any sense to my brain.  So I didn't finish this one....


And here is a dark weft sample:


I didn't put enough yarn on the shuttle to actually finish it 100%, but I do like it more than others.  I notice though that it looks a little squatty, so I wonder if I made the sett just a tad tighter if it would change it overall to look better than ever.  I'm still not 100% fond of this weave... mine just don't look like the cool ones in the book and I am running out of ideas.  I might or might not abandon ship after this one... but I might do a gamp. Still not sure where I'm headed or how hard I want to try to make these work.

David bravely trying something new... real food for the first time!  It took a day or two for him to get used to this new idea!