Friday, September 26, 2014

Not all the combinations


It occurred to me while measuring out this warp that this isn't even all the combinations of lights and darks I could make at one time!  I could probably make yet another warp that is also this big if I went in the opposite direction of combining them!  Yikes!  That is a lot of combinations!  This will at least give me an idea of what I have to work with.  I'll worry about all the other missing combinations some other day!  :)  I also got to thinking that a warp that slowly fades from green to blue would be spectacular!  You could do it the same way as this one by replacing one thread every combination.  It's amazing how it changes as you go across.  My favorite section so far is the middle right half with all those blues and greens.  I'm excited to see what this will look like!  Hopefully it's not a complete flop, but a great learning opportunity instead.

David loves his blankets and quilts!