Saturday, May 30, 2015

Done, and I like it!

The quilt looks fabulous!  The handwoven fabric really adds some great charm.  It seemed to quilt up just fine, so I'm not worried about using handwovens in future projects! I decided to use regular fabric on the back for my first quilt just to make sure I could do it on my machine instead of ruining a whole bunch of handwoven fabric.  Turns out I can, and it looks ok!  I decided to quilt it myself on my sewing machine, and although it's not even close to perfect, it's awesome and I love it and all of its wobbly lines!  I'm going to wash it in the washer and dryer and then give it a test spin and let the baby roll around with it to see how it holds up.  I'm sure it will be fine, but he'll definitely find that out for me!  :)





OH, and PS.  the backing fabric is one of the two yards I won as a door prize at the quilt show I went to with my mom!  We're some of the most unluckiest people I know, so it was quite a pleasant surprise!  I think these colors match the whole quilt perfectly!!