Saturday, June 4, 2016

New baby



Finished a new blankie for new baby! This is just using up yarn I have on hand. It’s a cotton/linen blend I bought years ago and I’m tired of packing it up and moving it from house to house! My goal is to weave up a bunch of my stash yarn before our next move. Don’t know if new baby is a boy or a girl yet, but these are still my favorite colors (blue and green) and also hubby’s favorites, too… so gender doesn’t really matter!
I'm did plain weave and not twill because David likes to pull strings on his twill blanket and I’m constantly fixing it. Plain weave should be a little more robust.
Threading= 1-8, every other thread is every other layer
Meaning one half is odd shafts (1,3,5,7) 
The other half is even (2,4,6,8)
Tie up is one half of first layer, all the top layer plus half the bottom, all the top layer again and the other half of the bottom, and then the other half of the top layer.
Treadles look like this: 
1= 1,5 
2= 1,3,4,5,7,8 (all but 2,6) 
3= 1,2,3,5,6,7 (all but 4,8) 
4= 3,7
Finished size 41”x44”.
Sett was 12epi (24epi for doubleweave)