Monday, November 19, 2012

book of scraps

A friend at work is going to be having a baby soon, and for her shower she only wanted books for her baby.  My goal is always to make my own gifts, so I decided to make a cloth book for her and her baby.  They can be used as "eye spy" books, counting, or just for looking at together.  I tried to include a few tactile things, like some weaving scraps or fringe from the end of projects.



 





I really like how the pages turned out!  They are plenty colorful and just plain fun!  My sister has just recently confessed that she also used her books to clean up spit-up in extreme cases.... haha!  The book is 100% cotton, so it is both machine washable and dry-able!  
 
 Here are a few close-ups of some of the pages:









I was able to use quite a few weaving scraps in this little book! 
When I look at all the scraps, it reminds me of the various projects I have worked on in the last year.
I think it will be enjoyed for many years!