Sunday, December 29, 2013

staggered window shelves for an arthritic cat

Our poor cats are not getting any younger.  In fact, one seems to be aging rather quickly sometimes.  I don't know if it's arthritis or just clumsyness, but he needs a little extra help when it comes to getting into higher things, especially windows.  Brian and I have been watching "My Cat from Hell" on Netfilx and we find the cat therapist really funny!  We noticed that he emphasizes having spaces for your cat to move vertically.  Many people are installing shelves for their cats, and I wanted some shelves for our cats!  Although after a trip to Home Depot, I quickly realized that building the shelves that I wanted would cost a small fortune.  Instead, I decided to make some shelves with my dad!  We whipped these out in no time at all, and the cats love them!


 


These really help Scout get into the windows!  And as a bonus, they don't look half bad either!
Thanks dad!