Thursday, July 14, 2011

It's purrrrrrr-fect!

So our cat Scout is a nuisance when it comes to needing attention.  He will constantly bug anyone for cuddle time.  It's especially bad in the kitchen.  When I cook or do dishes, he is constantly at my feet or tripping me.  Not only is it really annoying, but it's also terribly unsafe!  Honestly, I don't want him to get hurt.  One Thanksgiving a few years ago it got so bad that I had to make a new rule that he had to sit outside the kitchen.  We almost got a baby gate to try and keep him out, but decided against it.  So then we had to train an older cat some new tricks.  In our new house, we tried to make the different colored tile the marking point, but Scout just doesn't get it.  Well, a few days ago my mom gave me a lovely handcrafted rag rug that I was using at the sink.  When Scout claimed it to be his own, I realized I had the perfect boundary setting tool to help us out!  Here is is on the mat:



It's purrrrrrr-fect!