Friday, July 15, 2011

We're warping!

 We're warping for the summer and winter dishtowels!  I'm going to do 720 threads on an 8 yard warp... that's 5760 yards!  Wow!




I just love these two colors together!  I have noticed when I do summer and winter that the closer the colors are, the better it looks.  If they are too opposite, then you get a lot of graying.  




This file photo taken in April is a good example.  I was weaving this for the weave-along at weavingtoday.com.  The blue and orange are just too opposite on the color wheel and caused a lot of graying in the areas where they mixed.


So I had to scratch the blue and go with magenta. 


 
It definitely had a happier flow after that and came together easily.  I was thinking of switching it up some with my summer and winter and doing the yellow warp with a few other colors I have on hand.  We'll have to wait and see what I come up with! 




And of course, what fun would the weaving process be without a little mid-warping break?