Friday, August 8, 2014

These color changes...

... are driving me crazy!  What I really want to do is just weave a one shuttle weave right now!  I am getting tired of stopping to change colors after every 8 treadles.  Ugh!!

However, while I was weaving, here are some other delightful combinations I came up with, not that I'm chomping at the bit to get started on these or anything!  But I am tucking these away for future reference!

#1: red, orange, red, orange, yellow, green, yellow, green, blue, purple, blue, purple:


#2: red, orange, red, orange, yellow, orange, yellow, orange, yellow, green, yellow, green, blue, green, blue, green, blue, purple, blue, purple, red, purple, red, purple



I liked this idea I came up with for the above combinations, so I thought since I was getting tired of the color changes anyway, I would try something like it on this latest towel.  I used several colors in a row before changing them out.  It made for less floats on the sides, AND I could weave through the rest of this one towel so much faster.  Here is what it looks like:


You can hardly tell I cheated on this very last section!  And it got me through it.


I think I might do a one shuttle weave next... and if I run out of warp, that is fine by me!  I'm getting tired of this one anyway!  :)