Thursday, December 22, 2016

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Baby updates

We're surviving!


Natalie is growing so fast!  But she's still very small for her age. In fact she's in the first percentile for size!  She's 5 weeks old and just now the same size as David was when he was born. 

David loves being a big brother!

Here are some pics of these two kids at about the same age. They could almost be twins!  David is on the left, Natalie on the right.

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

She's here! Surprise!!!

I'm extremely grateful to be alive today and have my little baby girl with me, too.  I only remember after thursday afternoon last week but apparently it's been quite the trip since the previous Sunday morning.  In the very early morning while sleeping, I slipped into a complete eclamptic state and went into a full seizure with a blood pressure so high that I'm lucky I didn't end up with a stroke. I went straight to the eclampsia stage, no pre-eclampsia.  Thank goodness Brian was there and called 911. I vaguely remember some jovial guys in the ambulance but that's about it. I had an emergency c-section, an MRI (kind of remember it being loud), and spent days in the ICU in a coma while baby Natalie spent time in the NICU.  I'm slowly learning my story and it's so wild and weird. I missed my daylight savings celebration and the of course, the election.  But we're thanking God that we get to go home and be together as a family of 4. I never appreciated life so much. Go hug your loved ones today and tell them how much you love them.

Natalie Amelia was born November 6th at 8:55am and was 17.5"long and weighed 4lbs, 9oz.

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Baby girl's room

We finished putting together our baby girl's room!  She will be here in two short weeks! Time sure went by fast this time around!

I love the way this room turned out. Most of it is handmade stuff, recycled, or purchased from Craigslist. The crib was given to us and we sanded it down and painted it mint green. The dresser was from Craigslist and so much cheaper than new!  The only thing we bought new was the changing table, and that's because the ones on Craigslist were more expensive than new!  All the walls have fresh paint and Brian even painted the ceiling fan!

Can't wait to bring our baby home and give her lots of snuggles and kisses!

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Baby girl!

Sewing like crazy is an under-statement!  I'm almost done with preparations for newborn to 6 months, then I can focus on 6mo-12mo.  One step at a time!  Today I put the finishing touches on a pink and white houndstooth blanket I wove for her. I love it!

I've also finished 3 crocheted hats, 16 pairs of pants, a Drunkard's path quilt, 3 dresses, and several up-cycled onesies from David's collection. I cut out a stencil in freezer paper, iron it onto a onesie, and then put on fabric paint. It's a great way to cover up old stains!

And some pics of David I took two nights ago and the week before.  He's going to be such an awesome big brother!

Friday, July 8, 2016

It's a.......

Make sure you turn up the volume for this video!

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Airport quilt

Our fellow flight friends are having their first baby in Oct and it's a boy!  I knew they would have a flight theme for their baby's room, so I instantly started brainstorming!  I didn't have a pattern, so this quilt idea came from my head. I machine quilted it, and it's full of mistakes but still turned out really cute!  I used flannel in the middle instead of batting and I sewed it into a pouch and turned it so it's bindingless.  It also has two weaving scraps in it!

I knew it would be cute so I made two, one for them and one for us!

It's sized for use with hot wheels cars, planes, and helicopters. It can be used right away or later as a playmat.

Here's some pictures of the process!

Monday, June 13, 2016

Color Explosion

My goal here was to make a blanket out of stash yarn for our baby due on Thanksgiving day (Nov 24th)!  We don't know if it's a boy or girl yet, but I feel that this blanket would work well with either one.  I used 8/4 cotton from Webs and wove it on my 8 shaft baby wolf using doubleweave. It's done in plain weave to minimize the baby pulling on threads. (My two year old has a twill blanket and he likes pulling threads out!)  It's very soft, and I'm extremely happy with how it turned out!  I can't wait to wrap our new little baby in it!

And now a few of David, who is growing like a weed!

Saturday, June 4, 2016

New baby

Finished a new blankie for new baby! This is just using up yarn I have on hand. It’s a cotton/linen blend I bought years ago and I’m tired of packing it up and moving it from house to house! My goal is to weave up a bunch of my stash yarn before our next move. Don’t know if new baby is a boy or a girl yet, but these are still my favorite colors (blue and green) and also hubby’s favorites, too… so gender doesn’t really matter!
I'm did plain weave and not twill because David likes to pull strings on his twill blanket and I’m constantly fixing it. Plain weave should be a little more robust.
Threading= 1-8, every other thread is every other layer
Meaning one half is odd shafts (1,3,5,7) 
The other half is even (2,4,6,8)
Tie up is one half of first layer, all the top layer plus half the bottom, all the top layer again and the other half of the bottom, and then the other half of the top layer.
Treadles look like this: 
1= 1,5 
2= 1,3,4,5,7,8 (all but 2,6) 
3= 1,2,3,5,6,7 (all but 4,8) 
4= 3,7
Finished size 41”x44”.
Sett was 12epi (24epi for doubleweave)