Monday, July 1, 2013

Sampling Lego mini overshot design

I noticed with my first sample that the squares didn't look completely square, so I decided to tighten up the sett as an experiment.  I'm glad that I did this, because I think I like the look of the original sett of 20 epi the best.  But this did give me a chance to fix the left edge and make it look better.  I ended up going with a 1-2-3-4 threading on both sides to get this look.  In fact, I like the zigzag so much, I wonder if there is a place for it in the design??

By the way, here is the other side of the weaving, which I think is even better than the other side!  I think this matches the original plan very well.

Technically if you measure the squares on this side, they are exactly 1.25"x1.25", but I am expecting some shrinkage.  I might wash it first.  If it shrinks too much, I might add an extra thread to the repeat, so have 5 threads in each repeat.  I guess we'll have to see what these samples do in the washer and dryer!

My book is coming right along.  I have a long list of other samples I need to weave also, so once I get the sett on this, I can get started on all those other little samples.  I have about 20 I need to weave up.  The book is looking really good, but I'm not sure when it will "officially" be done!  I have quite a few things I still want to add to it, but trust me, it will be worth the wait!