Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Love this!

 This is for my little boy! 


 I love this weave so far!



I love the deviation from my usual same sized squares!  I did find that the folded edge still had some weirdness going on with it, but after really thinking it through, I did figure it out.  I have to go back and weave the yarn back in for about 3" of the blanket, but I don't think it will be all that bad!  I'll just count over 4 warp threads and follow that thread down to match the pattern.  It does work now!   I had to thread the end as
1 turquoise
2 blue
3 turquoise
4 blue
5 turquoise
6 blue
1 blue
8 blue

I love the colors so much!  I am only using 6, and I did use some yarns before hand to make a scarf for someone, so some of the colors are getting sparse.  I'm not sure yet if I'm going to replace them or just keep going, even though the balance will be off just a little tiny bit.  The original price for this yarn should have been $24, but with my coupons for Hobby Lobby, I ended up spending only $12!  Plus, because I made 2 scarves out of some of the yarn, I actually made some money off of this one!  I love bargain projects like this!  Oh, and by the way, the yarn is soooooo super soft!  I used Hobby Lobby's "I love this yarn!"  I'm so glad that I did!