Friday, February 21, 2014

The whole picture

I don't usually draw out all of my plans completely before I get started, but this time I wanted a whole visual to make sure I really was seeing everything I needed to.  I also wanted to make sure that I had all my numbers correct.  For my warp, I wanted numbers that were divisible by 8 because I am going to be threading it 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 and then on the next round, it will be starting half way (at the 4th heddle) and working its way opposite, so 4-3-2-1-8-7-6-5.  I just thought it would be so much easier to make it all divisible by 8!  My baby wolf loom can handle 204 threads across, so 416 for a doubleweave blanket.  Fortunately, all of this can be divided by 8.  Here are my plans:

 

Last baby blanket I made for my niece was a 2 yard warp, and it was just a little too small. A 2.5 yard warp makes for a good sized adult throw, which is too big. So I am going to make this one peg larger than a 2.25 yard warp and hope that it’s perfect!!  I will be measuring my warp today!





 This is going to be fantastic!