Tuesday, February 11, 2014

New Doubleweave pattern


I have been planning this blanket ever since I found out I was pregnant!  Even before I knew it was a boy, I planned and purchased these yarn colors, too!  The colors I want to use are blues and greens. I am using soft polyester yarn from Hobby Lobby. I am also buying the yarn one at a time with 40% off coupons. I’m glad it’s taking me awhile to get all the yarn together because I have a huge to-do list and I want this to be one of the last weaving projects before the baby comes in April!  I have almost collected enough yarns for it.  I haven't been as diligent lately, so I will need to get on it again because I need to add some yellow, navy, gray, and possibly an orange to spice it up a bit.  This is what I have so far:


 

I have been diligently practicing my doubleweave skills for quite awhile now, and I feel that I've gotten pretty good at it all.  However, I am ready to branch out and make a somewhat new design based on the old one.  This is the pattern spiced up a bit:





Instead of plain squares all the same size, I am going to be doing some of different sizes.  This should be fun!  My seam for the doubleweave blanket will go between two of the small columns.