Sunday, July 20, 2014

Completely pinkless dishtowels

A friend of mine contacted me and asked me if I wanted some of her baby things from her baby boy.  She was done having kids and her son is now 3.  I said sure!  She came over and filled my living room with goodies!  I have clothes for little David from now until he is 3 years old!  And all the clothes are in such great condition and look hardly worn.  She also brought toys and little jumpers and walkers for David to sit in!  It was like Christmas in summer!  To think my friend, I wanted to make her some dishtowels and I knew that she liked colors, but she told me that she absolutely, positively, without a shadow of doubt hates, despises, and avoids the color pink and any shade of pink what-so-ever in every situation.  Well, it was a good thing I asked because I almost gave her that pink scarf I just made that has all those shades of pink in them!! 

Awhile back, a friend on ravelry posted this project on ravelry.  When I saw it, I was taken back by how colors and wonderful it was!  Several years later, I have never forgotten it either!  I messaged her on ravelry and asked her for some tips and hints.  She basically just took lights and darks and made stirpes in her warp.  I thought to myself, that simple?!  And you know me, I pretty much just work from my stash, so all the colors I have picked are from things I have in 12/2 cotton.  To me, the mesh of colors never looks that great together at first, but it always works out in the end.  There are several projects I have done that used all these same colors and they all look good eventually when the weft comes in!  Someday when I run out of yarn (will that ever happen?!) I'm not sure what I'll do without my usual colors!