Thursday, July 5, 2012

Tie-up #4

Another butcher paper roll fell off this week!  That means I have about 6 yards left on this warp.  If my prediction is correct, I should have about 480 or so bookmarks all woven by now.  This warp will hopefully provide about 1000 bookmarks, or half of the total I need.

I'm already onto tie-up #4, and it's quite similar to tie-up #2, except it has sections of 2/2 twill mixed with plain weave and tie-up #2 has 1/3 twill with plain weave.  Here is tie-up #4:

 

And a few close up pictures!





This section of 10 shades of blues is so hard to see, especially with the darker colors.



 I went through all my weaving books and made notes of all the twill tie-ups I could find.  Then I went through each one and if it was a repeat or the opposite of something else, I scratched it off the list.  As you can see, my list is still pretty long!  There's still many more to try!


And in case you were wondering, these are my notes about the original threading plan and also the treadling plans that I am following throughout. I repeated these 8 designs throughout the 20 bookmarks.  Some of them I used only once and some were several times, like 3 or 4 bookmarks worth because that's how much I like some of them!