Monday, April 16, 2012

Quilt show 2012

 My mom and I had the chance to go to the quilt show together again this year!  It was a lot of fun.  We saw some neat quilts and there were a lot of neat vendors, also.  We decided to try a new craft called "locker hooking" and it really neat.  I'll post more about it later.


The rainbow quilts really caught my eye this year, and there were a lot of them.
This one was in the first section.



This quilt was hand painted.  It's amazing!!!




I forgot to get a big picture of this quilt, but I really love these two colors together and all the little hand stitches.  



Love the burst of color and all the small pieces!!


 Cute design on this one:



I love applique!  I spent a few summers in college appliqueing some quilts.  I made a bible quilt that is pretty neat.  I'll have to share it someday.  This is a garden quilt.  I have the pattern for it and intentions to make it, but I've never made it:



 Another burst of color with applique:




My favorite block up close:



I love the small flowers in this quilt, but the border fabric is just a bad match.


More rainbows!


Maybe it's the teacher in me, but I like these paper pieced apples!




 And of course, this reminds me of my zoo:


Very fun day!  But VERY COLD weather!!