Thursday, August 23, 2012

New weaving book, a CD, and Pumpkins!!!

Did you know there was a new weaving book out there?  I saw this book called Simple Weaves on amazon.com the other day and got super excited!  Supposedly it came out this month, on August 1st.  I'm excited to say I ordered it, and it came, and I haven't had a huge chance to sit and look though it in too much detail, but I really like what I've seen so far.  I love the pictures and the projects!  I'll tell you more later when I see more!

It was fun to buy myself something, since the last time I bought anything weaving related was way back in May!  I'm really sticking to my stash-busting and bill paying plan that I made back here on this post!  I just couldn't resist this new book, and also I was able to justify it because it's not part of my stash, it's part of my library!








This new book is written by the same author that wrote the book Favorite Scandinavian Projects to Weave, which is also very awesome:










I also treated myself to this cd... so I can get the free shipping!



I love this pair!  They have such great music!!

Now onto the pumpkins... the gardens haven't done real well this year, mainly because Brian was so busy with work and I was left solely in charge.  As you can see, I spent way more time weaving than gardening!

We do have a few pumpkins for pie, and also a few unknown squashes, I think they are butternut squash grown from seeds from our compost pile.




Really, the garden is a nightmare and kind of sad looking!  Things are dying off, and I'm not sure if it's the time of year or the lack of care it receives!  I truly don't know what I'm doing and have a brown thumb!


Next year, Brian is in charge of the gardens and yard again!  I'll gladly weave from the porch!

As for right now, I'm going to go look at my weaving book some more and enjoy a few moments to myself!