Tuesday, May 21, 2013

2 warm & soft blankies!

 I didn't get just one baby blankie...



 This warp gave me 2!!  They are both 40"x40" square. 


Believe it or not, you are looking at the center seam!!!!  This was the place where the blanket was folded in half!  Wow, it's hardly noticeable! 




I loved this 12/2 unmercerized cotton.  It washes up to be so very soft and nice! 
Notice how all the reed marks went away?!  Looks awesome!

The squares ended up a little taller than expected, but I would rather have them tall than squatty!



I love these colors!
And I love this twill design!!


I did my favorite finish on the edges.  This is the serged edge that is pinned and sewn down with the ends tucked in.  I have used it on my last few sets of towels and after several cycles through the washing machine, I have decided that it's nice and sturdy. 



Not only is it sturdy, but this edge is also very soft and flexible.  Furthermore, it is also very clean.  Sometimes when I leave fringe, the fringe just gets all puffy and tangled.



Here are my 2 little blankies for 2 very lucky babies!!



Scout says, "Oh yeah!"