Thursday, May 30, 2013

One is done!

This blanket washed up beautifully and perfectly square!!  The ends are all sewn in now, too!  It's so soft and pretty!  I really like the non-planned plaid... but Brian admitted to me yesterday that plaids like that drive him nuts!  If he were a weaver, things would be very precise and predictable.... not that there's anything wrong with that.  I like my patterns unpredictable, but always hope for predictable weaving.




 The gaps all filled in perfectly on this weave.



You can't even tell there is a center seam...



 ... except in some places, if you know what to look for.  Sometimes things got a little squished, but this is why I cut off one blanket early.  The second blanket should have less of this throughout than leaving it as one piece.


Otherwise, it's so much fun to be able to weave something twice the size of my weaving area! 


I can't believe I can do this!