Here are all the colors together on the bobbins... they are so pretty! Maybe it's just me, but I've liked this combination from the very beginning and I don't know why!
Here's the plaid starting to weave up just perfect!
It's so chipper and pretty!
I'm trying something new this time. I grabbed a whole stack of these tape measures last time we went to IKEA and I put some in the warp that was wound onto the back of the loom. I'm also pinning it as I go, but I've never done that with a tape measure before, so I have no idea what to expect. I'm pinning it under tension and maybe that is a bad thing, unless I take it into consideration...
Here's to another weaving experiment!
I am also thinking of cutting this blanket off half way through, since I know I'm making 2 blankets anyway. The first blanket ALWAYS weaves up super great and the 2nd one never weaves as nice, so if I weave through half my materials and cut it off, the 2nd blanket has a better chance of looking just as super as the first one! This is why the tape measures are really important this time around. Plus, I can keep track of the size by the amount of repeats of bobbim colors. Each bobbin color can be used 4 times total, and then I estimate this blanket will be long enough... maybe a few extra rows just to be on the safe side.
It's another experiment... hopefully it's one I won't regret!!