Monday, May 16, 2011

Humanitarian Weaving



A friend at work lost her grandmother last week.  I decided that I wanted to giver her a dishtowel, but I wanted it to be more than just that.  So I found this really cute basket to line it with and made some REALLY GOOD banana muffin!  The texture was incredible, but I think it's because I used my Blendtec Total blender, which REALLY IS the World's Best Blender.

Here's the recipe:
1 egg
1/2 olive oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
2-3 bananas
1 tsp cinnamon
dash nutmeg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup sugar
1.5 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt

Optional adds: chocolate chips and/or 3 tbs cocoa powder, nuts, raisins

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.  Place ingredients in blender jar in order as listed and secure the lid.  Press the button until mixed.  Pour into muffin tins and bake 25 minutes.  Or 4.5"x8.5" loaf pan for 60 minutes.  Remove, cool, and EAT lots.

*** PS. The friend loved the dishtowel!  ***