Thursday, June 28, 2012

It's just a little Texas dirt!

Now that I'm all caught up on some major projects, I can focus again on stash-busting!  I have gone back to the alpaca from Texas I purchased several summers ago when I went to visit my sister.  We found this yarn store randomly on our way to sight-see near Louisiana.  It's pretty dirty alpaca!  It sure doesn't look this dirty, but my hands are pretty greasy and grimy afterwards!




In my opinion, alpaca is very hard to spin.  It's very slick and breaks apart so easily.  I decided to mix it with wool, 50/50.  I really like the original color best, but it's SOOO much easier to spin when it's mixed with half with wool!  I think I will go with the easier to spin... plus, it will make it last a little bit longer.  Great... just when I need when I'm trying to stash-bust!



Go stash busters!!!