Sunday, July 10, 2011

A few treadling mistakes...

 As I was measuring out the yarn for this project on the warp board, I was thinking about the treadling and realized that something was wrong.  After looking at it again, I have realized the mistake.  I had the treadling as 1-a-2-b instead of 1-a-2-b-1-a-2-b!  So no wonder it looked so "normal" when I put it up on the screen!  But with the corrected treadling, it became very stretched out so I had to fix the picks per inch to twice the ends per inch.  This is what I came up with:

This one is just way too small to see all the treadling along the sides.  If you want the pattern all drafted out, let me know.  I have saved it as a WIF file, but can't find a way to post it here.

I'm also thinking of trying some with my favorite treadling, the 1-a-2-b-2-a-1-b treadling.  It looks like this up close:

I know profile drafts are a lot more work and it's easy to make mistakes along the way, but they are so much fun.  The combinations of patterns and colors seem endless!  It's so much more fun than following a pattern or book word for word!