Monday, July 25, 2011

Goodies waiting for me!

I have some summer goodies I put away for later when I go back to work next month and things slow down for me.

 Lately I haven't been spinning much on my wheel because I have something very challenging on it.  So the first goodie I am saving for later is this souvenir from our recent trip to Washington state. I really wanted a no-brainer spinning wool, so when we went to Paradise Fibers, I picked out this lovely dark roving to play with.  It should be a nice, easy spin!  I have 2 lbs, enough for a cozy winter shawl!



I got this beautiful blue spinning dream from my local yarn store.  I think the color is gorgeous and the different bits of texture are super interesting!  I can't wait to see it all spun up!  It's a small batt, so it might make a lovely little scarf.  I think I'll use it as a weft.



 This one is super exciting!  It's cotton, rayon, and flax!  I couldn't easily capture the bits of flax sticking out throughout, but it's there and it's both interesting looking and feeling!  I'm not sure what it wants to be yet, one person suggested napkins.  That might be fun!  But I'm always a sucker for dishtowels or placemats!