Friday, February 3, 2012

The Armadillo Twill

The armadillo twill took awhile to set-up on the loom because it's 720 threads across, which is about 24" weaving width.  But this should save some time in the end because I only have to weave through 5 yards. 

This is the twill I am getting from my loom with the current set-up:




This picture shows it a lot more clearly than in real-life.  As it is on the loom right now, you can make out Amy's armadillo twill design if you stare at it really closely, which looks like this:




However, on the backside this is what's showing up:




Which to me looks a lot more like her pattern in the book!  The part that confuses me is none of her other patterns wove upside down so far.  This is what I see, which is the reverse of the book:



So instead of reversing my pedals, I am going to just complete the cloth as is and use the back side as the front side because I like it better!


And isn't this a funny way to sit and look out the window??



Did you know?
  • There are 20 different species of armadillos.
  • The armadillos closest living relative are the sloths and the anteaters.
  • The 3-banded armadillo is the only species that can roll itself into a ball.