Thursday, February 23, 2012

Shells and tails

 I really estimated my 2nd generation shell fabric to be SO exact, it's almost scary!

I decided to try an experiment this time around and cut the tails a little shorter because they taper so much at the tip. I just couldn't turn the entire thing last time I made these armadillos.

 I cut it so that I could sew the regular seam allowance and then be able to turn it and sew a little bit at a 90 degree angle instead of tapering right to a triangle shape.


 Even though the tails were cut 1 inch shorter, they actually are longer than the original armadillos!  It actually adds about 1" in length!  Pretty amazing...

2 down!  After I sew on some eyes, these will be ready to ship!