Sunday, October 28, 2012

hot! hot! hot!




I found this super hot pink on sale for really cheap! 


I saved 71% off the original price!


And it made for a hot scarf!!

The pink was a touch smaller than the black, so I sett the pink to 10 and the black to 8.  It was an experiment really, and I think it turned out well.  You can see the hounds tooth wobble just a little bit, but it creates a small optical illusion, and it made for a slightly firmer scarf.

So speaking of hot! hot! hot!, I was cooking some of my butternut squash in the oven this week and when I turned it on, it started making some odd noises, really loud and odd noises accompanied by many white flashes of light.  I was a little startled, and didn't open the oven door at all, and then suddenly it did it even more, much louder AND super bright, like blinding bright and then all of the sudden smoke was pooling out of the burners on the top!  I kind of freaked out a little bit!  I turned off the circuit breaker before I opened the oven door to take a closer look.  Everything was covered in this weird mental powder dust and part of the heating element is now gone.  What a mess!  I had to go to my mom's house to cook my squash and pumpkin!


I guess I won't be cooking anything for awhile in the oven while I wait for a new part!

Also, what a mess I have to clean now!  Thanks a lot, stupid little heating element!!!


And too bad about the pumpkin pie I was planning to make...
Maybe next week!